These are in no particular order but I will at least attempt to cluster them together under separate fandoms, and I'll do the fandoms alphabetically. Pretty sure at this juncture I don't actually have to denote what the pairings will be. :P
Hopefully I haven't missed anything.
Just the one for this fandom, thank goodness - I've gotten as far as making some preliminary notes but as our rewatch has been on hiatus for a while, I've put this on on a back burner. Anyway, it'll be called "Confinement" and it's a season 8 AU where Daphne is pregnant.
Mostly, this in response to the fact that they chose to write out Janes Leeves's pregnancy in the actual season 8 and turned it into that stupid storyline about her gaining loads of weight from all the fancy food/chocolates Niles spoiled her with and going off to a spa for half a season. I was never entirely comfortable with that as a writing choice even then. It's also inspired by an unfinished but utterly brilliant story on FFN called "Away From It All" by an author called Trespaise. (Go and find it - it's awesome, but it'll break your heart into a million pieces.)
So basically: Daphne is pregnant - it's Donny's, borne out of an act of desperation shortly before the wedding when all the doubt starts to set in. For the most part it follows the events of season 8 canon around Donny's bad reaction to the break-up and Mel dragging out the divorce as long as possible, with the added bonus of all the complications the pregnancy brings to everything. Around the seven-month mark Niles has had enough so he takes both himself and Daphne to the lake-house, where (obviously) she goes into labour in the midst of a blizzard.
I won't say more than that but basically it was going to devolve into FEELS by the end. ;)
I don't even know where to start. Okay, here we go.
- "A Lot to Answer For" - yes, this is still going. Kind of stagnant at the moment but I have written so many post-story snippets now that I should probably finish it just on that basis.
- ALTAF-verse snippets - I have lots completed and 3 or 4 half-done - for the most part because it's a fun universe to hash out ideas in.
- "The Problem in Paris" (POTOver) Epilogue - this was meant to be the final chapter of the POTOver but the story ended itself so perfectly I didn't want to ruin it. It's just to tie up a few loose ends and it's done on paper but needs tidying up.
- Series 4 ALTAF-verse AU - for ages I have wanted to re-write series 4 with Maddy instead of Carla, but that has now evolved to wanting to re-write everything from "Satan's Chimney" onwards as though in the ALTAF universe. For the most part I figure this would involve the cases being much the same and Jonathan conveniently forgetting to mention that he has Maddy and Harry at home until the very last minute (or at all) because he would not consider that important information to divulge to his new crime-solving partner. :P Plus some well-deserved snark from Maddy about Carla/Joey.
- "The Curse of the Savant's Thumb" angstfic - I started this as a way of venting my feels about the windmill's absence and I really do need to finish it. It's technically a one-off (so not part of the Tags or ALTAF-verse) but a little bit of my Tags headcanon did sneak in...
- "The Final Word" (aka the Doomfic) - this is the follow-up to the Episode Tags and so far I have shockingly little of it written, though the final scene has been perfectly coalesced in my head for absolutely ages. As far as I am concerned, for this particular headcanon anyway, "The Grinning Man" is the endpoint and everything after that is nonsense, because even when I tried to fit TCotST and Polly into it, it was too depressing and I wished I'd never bothered. :P
- "A Creekmas Carol" follow-up - the ending of that story was a bit ambiguous / cliffhanger-y so I've been pootling around with a proper epilogue for ages now...
- Tag Project - I think these are mostly done now but there are a couple of episodes still not yet tagged. I'm hoping if inspiration ever strikes for the missing episodes, I can finally get around to posting them somewhere, particularly as the POTOver is set in the same universe up to a point...
Phantom of the Opera
Again, in no particular order of priority...
- "The Phantom of Whitechapel" (provisional title) - this is my POTO/Jack the Ripper/Sherlock Holmes/Assassin's Creed: Syndicate crossover. It started out just as POTO/JtR then I wanted to introduce Robert Downey Junior's Sherlock Holmes (and Jude Law's Watson) attempting to solve the case, thanks to an old 90's point and click game of the same ilk. The AC:Syndicate part was solely the fault of Dragon Age: Inquisition when I started my second play-through with my Christine-inspired elf rogue, as one of the specialisms is assassin. The more I thought about the idea of Evie Frye teaching Christine assassin techniques, the more I liked it. :)
This one is on hold until some of the smaller bits are done and dusted, because I really want to do some proper research into the Ripper murders and give the story some historical context, even though the four timelines don't necessarily match up. Eh, give or take a decade or so I guess it's forgiveable. ;)
- "The Lost Chord" (songfic) - this will hopefully be a short story set in the same universe as the Ripper story (a few years after). If you google the lyrics the plot is self-explanatory. :)
- "I'd Love to Kill You" (dark songfic) - this one is still percolating...
- Asylum AU / "The Phantom of Charenton" (also provisional title) - this one is also still percolating...
Pirates of the Caribbean
"The Pirate of Port Royal" - this is my Pirates-as-POTO story and I've done a couple of chapters of it so far. Like the POTO/Ripper story, it promises to be a fairly in-depth story as it'll very closely follow the plot of The Curse of the Black Pearl.
Star Trek: Voyager - season 8. I've been thinking for a while that I want to re-write the old ST: Voyager fanscripts (mine and Katie's old "season 8") in prose and make them better. This might also include actually finishing "Memory", which was the last point I got to before (presumably) Farscape took over my writing mojo. (That's how long ago this was...) Given that every possible series of Star Trek is now available on Netflix, it seems that the fandom is reawakening a little bit, so it might be a good time to roll them out for a rehash...
This bloody fandom, man. It's like a trapdoor.
- "Precious Illusions" sequel / re-write of "Dancing with Fate" - "Precious Illusions" is the new name of "Tango up on Sunset" now that I've rewritten it and made it better (read: more ridiculously headcanon'd) and obviously I want to start tackling the unfinished sequel as well. I can still mostly remember where it was going but now there's about six tonnes of additional angst to throw at it arising out of recent fandom discussions. Joy!
- "Precious Illusions" Director's Cut - missing / expanded scenes for the fic. Basically, it was so long that some things I wanted to include had to be cut very short into one-paragraph / one-sentence mentions, and there are a few I've been wanting to add context to. I have a couple of them finished and a few others scribbled down which are currently still in the Pure Feels stage. Thankfully the post-London fandom mojo is still going strong so with any luck my Traditional February Flurry will enable me to get them done... At least, I really hope so, since my favourite hobby is breaking commoncomitatus and it's her birthday soon. :P
- Tidying up some old stuff - there is so much fic for this fandom which never saw the light of day and has been sat in my writing folder for all this time, but on re-reading some of it (which I do fairly regularly because tiny fandom is tiny and the only fic I have is my own) there are a few ideas which would definitely benefit from a re-write. At present I'm working on updating my Little Paris Wedding story because I still really, really like it as a concept, though I keep changing my mind about when exactly it should be set...
- Epistolary AU - I've done an outline for this but not much else. The idea came to me when I was finalising "Precious Illusions" for commoncomitatus to beta it for me, and it's based on a throwaway line in the movie after Joe dumps the car in the garage, about how he'd send the finance guys a "picture postcard" of where to collect it. The story assumes that he dumps the car (so he doesn't even get inside the house at any point) and goes back to Ohio. The finance guys go to collect it and assume the house is abandoned, then Max finds them eyeing up the Isotta-Fraschini. He scares them off but Norma insists on finding out who this Mr Gillis is who was so impertinent as to leave a car in her garage, and eventually Max's enquiries lead him to Artie, who eventually caves and provides a forwarding address.
From that point Joe and Norma essentially become penpals. ;) She still manages to get him to edit her script (sending him bits of it in a serialised fashion) but the first time they meet is when Joe returns to Hollywood for Artie and Betty's wedding, because Norma basically crashes it and then offers him a place to stay. I thought it would be interesting to see how their dynamic/relationship might develop without the overhanging presence of The House or The Script, particularly as it utilises elements of my headcanon e.g. Joe's adolescent crush on Young!Norma, and how their friendship develops first and foremost.
I say it's an "epistolary" AU because each chapter starts with a letter (between Norma/Joe) or a telegram (between Artie/Joe) before going on to provide context. (I was going to do something similar in the JC Doomfic, also - it's a style I've not tried before.)
I'm quite excited about it but I want to get all the other, more feelsy stuff out the way first so it doesn't clog up my brain. :P
- YIM!flail LJ write-ups - these are not fanfics but I'll put them in this list anyway. I have two I need to do, namely the Petula Clarke / Michael Ball Radio 3 performance, and the Betty Buckley Broadway bootleg on YouTube. I am looking forward to the latter especially because it's an excuse to re-watch it and flail over it again. :D
The X-Files - I have started my season 10 Scully!angst but still need to finish it. I managed to hone down the snark from the first draft and I think the second draft has hit the right tone now, so it's just a case of getting the rest of it on paper and tidying it up.
I was also going to list the amount of things which are finished and pending sharing online (FFN and/or AO3) but frankly this is long enough already. :P
My brain is a massive filing cabinet. I'm beginning to suspect this is why my short-term memory is so shoddy...