On your current playlist, hit shuffle and pick the first twenty songs on the list (no matter how cheesy or embarrassing), and write down your favourite line of the song. Try to avoid putting the song title in the line. Then have your friends comment and see if they know the songs.
(Though I warn you, there isn't much variety since I've only got stuff I've been copying/listening to addictively, and Winamp sucks at randomising... and my favourite lines tend to be entire verses, so... yeah. Also? There's more than 20. I like this meme and hereby decree it a random quiz open to all. :D)
1. My black cab rolls through the neon disease.
2. You know I'm hung up on you; easy to give in. (One for Eni, there...)
3. How 'bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out? How 'bout not equating death with stopping?
4. I thought make-believe was truer than life, but now it's all confusion.
5. Love come quickly, because I don't think I can keep this monster in.
6. Wearing smells from laboratories, facing a dying nation. (Another one for Eni...)
7. Look, here she comes, now. Bow down and stare in wonder.
8. Acting like a mover shaker dancing to Madonna, then you kissed me.
9. We had nothing, nothing to lose, but the best days of our lives are gone so soon. (I don't expect anyone to get this... And no, it's not Summer of '69.)
10. Feeling like I'm outside in the rain. (If nobody gets this, I shall be ashamed of you. :P)
11. Oh, I'm soft in the middle, still hurtin' a little.
12. It's just that everywhere I go, all the buildings know your name, like photographs and memories of love.
13. That I would be loved, even when I numb myself.
14. Your voice, it chased away all the sanity in me.
15. But I think more than I ought to think, I do things I never should do.
16. I know I can stop the pain if I will it all away.
17. Forgive me if I seem to be impatient and obscene.
18. Aim for the burning sun you're trapped inside.
19. I love you when you dance.
20. I miss the mess he made of my head when we fought.
21. It's said that you're the kind to run and hide, yeah.
22. I lived like a wild and lonely soul, lost in a dream beyond control
23. I've done a lot. God knows, I've tried to find the truth - I've even lied. (And if nobody gets that, again, I'll be ashamed of you.)
24. I dream one day I'll find the one who lives inside my mind, and they'll feel the same way, too - we've all been used.
25. We stole the songs from birds in trees
26. And Flash Gordon was there in silver underwear (Don't disappoint me, people.)
27. By the light of the night, it'll all seem all right - I'll get you a Satanic mechanic (So. Not. Random...)
28. They recommended counselling, but I don't need to talk.
29. Another bruise to try and hide, another alibi to write.
30. I believe in you. I'll give up everything just to find you.
31. I wonder is it wrong to feel so right?
32. Subway makes me nervous, people pushing me too far.
33. I'm the lie living for you so you can hide.
34. A saxophone was blowing on a rock and roll show.
35. Watching me, wanting me, I can feel you pull me down.
36. It's about being able to fly. It's about dying nine times.
37. Sometimes sanity takes vacation time on me.
38. Not tormented daily, defeated by you.
39. Are you still mad I had an emotional affair?
40. And if I say how I feel again, is it wise to do it?
Okay, okay, I'm done.
Let the guesses commence! Go on, you know you want to!
Answer provided in a few days when I get bored...
Things I must remember to post about:
1) My father and the Philipino-mail-order-bride
2) Season 5 of Angel
3) Something else I've just forgotten...