- Make a post to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1) You know what would be like manna from heaven, as always? Sunset Boulevard ship-fic. Norma/Joe ship-fic, at that. The world is sorely lacking.
2) A copy of Susan Kay's Legacy. I've been looking for absolutely bloody ages, and I know it's out of print, but someone must be able to find one...
3) More music. Anything at all. Your favourites and not mine. A mix tape, a compilation CD, or just your favourite album. Music!
4) Letters. People don't send enough letters. About anything, I don't mind.
5) Tickets to the Michael Ball tour, whenever the heck it is.
6) Fanart. For any of my fandoms, or any of my pairings. Bonus points if it's this, and double bonus points if it's Faith&Jeremy-alike Sunset fanart. Triple bonus points if it's for something I've written, fanfic or otherwise. ;)
7) Information about what the heck Jeremy Finch is doing these days. Impossible, probably...
8) Farscape DVD set 3.5, deluxe edition. Or any of the Season 4 sets.
9) Complete Most Haunted Series 1 on DVD.
10) A factory.
I don't want to hear anyone complain about the fact that they don't know what to get me for Christmas. :P And failing that, there's also my Amazon wishlist.