1. What's the geekiest part of your music collection?
Most of it. Um. The Truth & The Light by Mark Snow (it's a collection of music bits from The X-Files) or the Sarah Brightman Con Te Partiro single. Most of my random movie soundtracks. The Classic Disney collection - all three CDs.
2. What do you eat when you raid the fridge late at night?
Tuna sandwiches, or chocolate.
3. What is your secret guaranteed weeping movie?
Not sure any more. Finding Neverland, apparently, but things tend to upset me randomly for no reason. I went through this one period whereby this scene in Fieval Goes West always had me crying, and then it stopped. Weird.
4. If you could have plastic surgery, what would you have done?
Liposuction on my bloody stupid calves. And lots of cosmetic dentistry.
5. Do you have a completely irrational fear?
Spiders and other insects. All of them.
6. What is the little physical habit that gives away your insecure moment?
Sucking my thumb, though that's more of a being-tired thing. I yawn a lot when I'm nervous, and when I'm really, really upset, I pull my hair.
7. Are you a pyromaniac?
Mildly. ;) (Oooooh... caaandles.)
8. Do you have too many love interests?
9. Do you know anyone famous?
10. Describe your bed:
Five foot off the ground. Nice squishy matress. Four pillows (but one of them's rather flat). Electric blanket. Lots of cushions. An A4 pad at the end. Attached bedside table/shelf with various bits on it.
11. Spontaneous or planned?
Depends on the situation...
12. Who should play you in a movie about your life?
No idea. Winona Ryder? Maybe Thora Birch.
13. What do you carry with you at all times?
Keys, mobile phone, MP3 player, inhaler, bus pass, money.
14. What do you miss most about being a kid?
15. What was the last song you were listening to?
The random Christmassy backing music to Grumpy Old Women...
16. Have you ever been in a play?
Nope. Oh, wait, I was an angel in the School Nativity once. And the back of the dragon when we did The Willow Pattern. And a few Latin plays.
17. Have you ever been in love?
18. Do you like yourself and believe in yourself?
19. Do you consider yourself to be a nice person?
20. Do you spend more time with your girlfriend/boyfriend or your friends?
21. What is your ideal wedding location?
Big abandoned church (with a civil ceremony, if that's even legal) in the snow, or in the summer at sunset so the sunlight can stream through the windows. Lots of Victoriana. Pachalbel's Canon or Fauré's Pavane. In red and black.
22. Which musical instrument do you wish you could play?
The piano, still. Or maybe something else. I always wanted to play the flute.
23. Favorite fabric?
Velvet, lace, satin, silk, corduroy...
24. Something you love and hate?
Love: snow. Hate: people who don't like snow.
25. Do you tell your friends about your sex life?
Nope. And if I could... still nope.
26. What's the one language you want to learn?
Greek, Welsh, Japanese (possibly), and re-learn French.
27. What do you order at a bar?
Depends how drunk I want to get.
28. Have you ever pierced your body parts?
Not personally. Naval, nose, two in each ear.
29. Do you have tattoos?
Yup. Now up to five. (For the record: purple rose/black spikes at base of my spine; comedy/tragedy masks on my right shoulder; baby unicorn on my left hipbone; random stonework/jewel thingy on my right arm; the beginnings of the aforementioned Phantom tattoo, just the mask, on my left collarbone. The musical bit is still to be done because my design still sucks.)
30. What's one trait you hate in a person?
Insincerity. And blatant stupidity.
31. Most frivolous purchase?
Shoes, clothing, DVDs, music... oh, and coats. Because I am Yvette Fielding, oh, yes.
32. Do you consider yourself materialistic?
33. Do you prefer to stand out or blend in?
It entirely depends on what my brain is doing.
34. What's the one car you will never buy?
Some annoying poseur car that screams "steal me!".
35. If you won the lottery, what would you do?
Pay off my student loan, and then consciously try to earn more than 15k a year. (See, if I earn less than that, I don't have to pay it back. And I can't move to another country and get out of it that way, because the bastards'll find me.)
36. How many online journals do you read regularly?
The ones on my friendslist, and a few that aren't, when I remember.
37. What's one thing you're a sore loser at?
Most things... Scrabble against Naomi.
38. If you don't like a person, how do you show it?
I don't know. But they can tell.
39. Do you cry in front of your friends?
Only if things get so bad that I have to.
40. What's one thing you like to do alone?
41. When's the last time you cried?
Um... Finding Neverland, I think.
42. How many drinks before you're tipsy?
Depends on the drink. About 6 Smirnoff Ice or Red Square (without coke in between to break it up), or... three Archers Aqua, or about 5 vodka-and-Red-Bull... or not very much wine at all.
43. Do you think you're cute?
Blah. I don't know.
44. Do you have problems changing clothes in front of friends?
I've never really had to since school, so I don't know.
45. Do you wish on stars?
Only when I'm desperate for some kind of divine intervention.
46. Who are you more like - your mother or your father?
Mother in most ways, father in some...
47. What is your favorite lunch meat?
Tuna, cold roast chicken, or pork.
48. Any bad habits?
Biting my nails, sucking my thumb, RP shipping...
49. What's in your CD player right now?
Naomi's "Sock Soup" mix CD, but it's not playing.
50. Have you ever told a secret you swore not to?
Not as far as I know. I think I told Vicky what Eni's real name was, but that's a necessity...
51. Do looks matter?
I'd love to say 'no'. But sometimes, they do.
52. Have you ever misused a word and it sounded absolutely stupid?
53. Are you trendy?
54. How do you release anger?
Hit things, vent about them on LJ, or glare at nobody in particular. Or shout.
55. Where are your second homes?
The Child Protection Admin Office, apparently...
56. Do you trust others easily?
Oh, definitely not.
57. What was your favorite toy as a child?
I can't remember...
58. What class in school do you think is totally useless?
P.E. You can't force people to do sports if they're not any good at them, and shouting at them won't make them any better. If they want to exercise, they'll do it in their own time.
59. What do you look for in a boy/girl?
A sense of humour, appreciation for the fine art of geeking, and acceptance of same. And a fairly decent personality.
60. What are your nicknames?
BeX, Minh, "that fast typist at Ladywood", etc.
61. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Strawberry. But that makes me hyper, so... pretty much anything sorbet excepted lemon. Especially raspberry, mango, or blackcurrant...
62. What's your favorite color?
Black, red, orange, emerald green, purple, some blues... I'm good.
63. Are you in love with anyone?
64. Who do you miss most right now?
Not who, but what - Derby.
65. What are you listening to right now?
The fan heater.
66. What was the last thing you ate?
67. How is the weather right now?
Dark. And bloody freezing.
68. Who is the last person you talked to on the phone?
Possibly Ben, about something work-related... or whoever it was that last phoned up with an enquiry I couldn't help them with. Bah.
69. What do you wear to bed?