I wuz tagged by herringprincess.
1. I sucked my thumb until I was 24-and-a-half, and stopped almost as soon as I moved into a flat with Paul. The predominant reason for this is because my rabbit-shaped security blanket went missing in the move. I half-suspect my mother stole it so she could 'retire' it... As a result, my right thumbnail is a lot healthier, and I don't get random holes in my knuckle any more.
2. I used to collect rubbers, and it all started because I got a bright blue cat-shaped one when I was about 7 or 8. Whenever I went on a school trip I would buy a souvenir rubber. I still have them all to this day, in an old Doc Marten's box.
3. When I was little I wanted to be a ballerina. This isn't particularly extraordinary in itself, but the irony is that when I was 3 my mum took me to ballet classes and I hated it. I don't remember this in the slightest.
4. I also wanted to be an astronaut.
5. I can still remember the first film that ever traumatised me, though I have no idea what it was called - or even, for that matter, if it was a film. All I remember is that there was a helicopter and a lot of snow, and a dead animal on the ground with lots of blood. It scared me so much that whenever there was anything on television involving a helicopter I would ask if it was the same thing so I could be absolutely sure.
6. I love peeling stuff, especially (look away) dead skin and wallpaper. Those steam-powered wall strippers take all the fun out of it. Old paint is almost as fun, but it tends to be a bit brittle and come away in shards instead of lovely big patches. Oh! And PVA glue at primary school, when it stuck to your fingers and dried. :D
7. I am allergic to dogs, horses and cats, though the latter is by far the worst. Dogs and horses make me sneeze; cats make my eyes start to itch, water and swell up. I am also, apparently, allergic to penicillin - after the glandular fever (or whatever it was) had gone away, I had to endure a rash on my stomach instead.
8. My body does weird things when I'm stressed. My hair starts to fall out, and the skin around my fingernails starts to peel. Both of these are hereditary. It usually takes a couple of weeks to settle down again. When I'm really stressed, I get a kidney infection, but so far it's only happened twice.
9. I hoard everything I have ever owned, including old websites, in the misguided opinion that one day I might need them again.
10. My CD collection is poo.
I tag no-one, because no-one reads my journal any more.