1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Got myself a credit card. It was more out of necessity than anything else. I had planned to get it nearer to Christmas, but thankfully it came in handy when the PC broke.
2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions and will you make more for next year?
EPIC FAILURE on this year's. I'm not going to make any of my resolutions official, as the only one I managed to keep was the unspoken one of improving my diet, whereas all the others didn't happen. I have a few things I want to try and achieve next year, but I won't make them 'official' for fear of jinxing.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
None whatsoever. I haven't left England this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Sanity. I seem to say this every year...
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
As ever, I suck at dates again. Um, October was Sound of Music. February was a nice meal for Valentine's and then going to see Eni for her birthday. 11th August was my mum's birthday, which I remember more for getting completely soaked on the way there...
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not managing to achieve anything. Although I did only have one meltdown this year, which is an improvement on most...
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A spate of colds and various stomach grumbles, but at least my back calmed down.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
New camera, new PC, various books I've not read yet...
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Just realised I accidentally stole Rachel's answer. My answer is Lisa, because she's a brilliant housemate. We don't technically have a houseshare situation, but we do treat it as one at times...
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A certain friend who has been behind the majority of my paranoia of late, but I think it's probably unintentional.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, food, the usual.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Buying the new camera... and Sound of Music. Hallowe'en.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Most of the Sweeney Todd soundtrack...
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i) Happier or sadder? Probably slightly happier, though it's been hard to tell of late.
ii) Thinner or fatter? Fatter, as I stopped going swimming.
iii) Richer or poorer? Slightly richer; discovered this morning my pay has increased. :D
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Seen friends old and new. I managed to meet up with Naomi once and Eni twice, which is quite impressive given their relative places. But not much of other people, really. I've been trying to stave off the hermit tendencies and failing.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
As ever, just me and Paul.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
22. What happened to question 22?
Sweeney gave it a close shave.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Ugly Betty again. QI. The usuals. Also gleefully rediscovering The X-Files, of course.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Not that I can think of...
26. What was the best book you read?
I've actually read books this year. Best were probably... A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon and The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by P Boyne. I'm sure there were more. I have lots and lots more to read. :D
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Sweeney Todd, probably. I don't think I discovered anything particularly new.
28. What did you want and get?
New camera, and new PC, but only because the other one b0rk.
29. What did you want and not get?
Just frivolous stuff, really...
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Oooh... quite a few. Sweeney Todd and Boy in the Striped Pyjamas are top, and Mamma Mia a close runner-up. Dark Knight was good, too. I've seen more than that, but those are the ones which stick in my memory.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
On the actual birthday we went out to buy a camera. :D A few days later we went to London to see The Sound of Music. I was 27. I've now reached the age where I have to think about it...
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Trousers / tops for work. Scruffy the rest of the time. I bought a few pairs of shoes this year and literally three tops.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hrm. Still Noel Fielding, I'm afraid.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Go Obama Go!
37. Who did you miss?
Various people, off and on.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I don't think I really met anyone new this year. Almost met jackiesjottings but it has been postponed until January. ;)
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Paranoia solves nothing. (And: just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you, or similar.)
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Mamma mia, here I go again..."