If there is one person or more on your friends list who makes your world a better place just because they exist and who you would not have met (in real life or not) without the internet, then post this same sentence in your journal.
Secondly, I owe a few hugs here and there, so: *HUG*
Thirdly, because I was re-reading old entries today in a fit of sheer boredom (there's been barely anything to do today; I also re-themed my journal to something more summer-y) and realised it's been a very long time, here's that guess-the-song-from-the-lyrics meme...
Rules: randomise your MP3-player of choice (I'm using Winamp), then post your favourite lyric from each song that comes up (trying not to include the title), then let your f-list guess the artist and song. There's normally a limit of 10-15 songs but I've been known to go as high as 30. ;)
Usually Eni and queenc2346 pwn this kind of thing between them, but anyway... here it goes:
I'll post the answers at some point, probably Monday. I was kind of hoping my musical tastes had improved in the past three years, but Winamp begs to differ. :P
- I know this world won't change... (not much to choose from in this song, alas) - Dream On, Catatonia.
- But I tell you, a cat needs a name that's particular, a name that's peculiar and more dignified... - The Naming of Cats, from Cats.
- For the crown you've placed upon my head feels too heavy now... - Hunter, Dido.
- Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew you... (anyone who doesn't get this has been living under a rock :P) - Hallelujah, Rufus Wainwright (at least on this occasion...)
- With just one more brain, what a half-wit he'd be. - Funny Honey, from Chicago.
- Here on in, I shoot without a script. - Warm Up #1, from Rent.
- There's men everywhere, jazz everywhere, booze everywhere, life everywhere, joy everywhere... (Winamp randomiser fails again!) - Nowadays, from Chicago.
- For you and I have a guardian angel on high, with nothing to do. - True Love, from High Society.
- Yet, if he said he loved me, I'd be lost... - Don't Know How to Love Him, from Jesus Christ Superstar.
- It's about being able to fly... - Belfast (Penguins and Cats), Katie Melua.
- She turned to drink, she filled up with paraffin inside. - Lily the Pink, The Scaffold.
- I'm lying in my bed, listening to my breath, falling from the edge - Only When I Sleep, The Corrs.
- "Why are you so far away?" he said, "Why won't you ever know I'm in love with you?" - Just Like Heaven, Katie Melua.
- "Haven't you people ever heard of closing the goddamn door?" (if you get the title I'll be very impressed) - I Write Sins Not Tragedies, Panic! At the Disco.
- I've seen blue skies through the tears in my eyes... - I'm Going Home, from The Rocky Horror [Picture] Show.
- Find me, I'm lost in the crowd, it's getting loud. - Hear Me, Kelly Clarkson.
- And give up my hard-earned status as fabulous freak of nature? - One, Alanis Morrisette.
- I need someone older and wiser telling me what to do... - Sixteen Going on Seventeen, from The Sound of Music.
- While there's a show on to perform, smooth down your hair... - Way Beyond Blue, Catatonia - one of the only lines in English.
- Just like a ghost, you've been a-hauntin' my dreams. - Spooky, Dusty Springfield.
Off you go, then. :P
Edited on 09/07/09 with answers.