1. What time did you get up this morning? 7.35am. Just enough time to have breakfast. I'm meant to get up at 7.20 if I want time to eat something more substantial, but I'm lazy.
2. How do you like your steak? I usually go for medium because various restaurants / pubs have different ideas on what medium actually is. I prefer the rare end of medium, but the last time I had a medium rare steak it was too rare and my constitution couldn't cope with digesting it...
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Public Enemies, last Thursday. Hopefully going to try and see Antichrist this weekend, Birmingham rubbishness permitting.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Of all time? Probably X-Files, for the sheer level of obsession. At the moment, however, it's hanging in the balance between happily re-geeking over Jonathan Creek and enjoying the new series, when I'm too tired to stay up that late, of Ugly Betty.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? There was a point where I would have said America, but I think realistically somewhere in Europe, where the weather is NORMAL and the public transport SENSIBLE. Because seriously, is that so much to ask? Ocean views a bonus. :P
6. What did you have for breakfast? Two small slices of toast with butter.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? I constantly crave curry, but I think my favourite at the moment is French... I usually fall back on Italian, also.
8. What foods do you dislike? Peas, although I did eat them pureed the other week... this may be the solution to my problem. I don't like asparagus that much... I also don't dislike fruit, per se, I just physically can't eat it. Er... okay, this question is harder to answer these days. So... custard. The smell makes me retch.
9. Favorite Place to Eat? Wetherspoon pubs, Cafe Rouge, Wagamama and any of the independent restaurants in Kings Heath.
10. Favorite dressing? I don't particularly eat dressing, but I like pesto in and of itself...
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? I don't.
12. What are your favorite clothes? Jeans, mostly. As I said earlier, I'm quite liking the 1980s renewal presently occurring in fashion...
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? The US, to see Katie. There are lots of other places on my list, though.
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Well, the glass on my desk is half-empty, because I'm drinking from it...
15. Where would you want to retire? Somewhere quiet.
16. Favorite time of day? Home time!
17. Where were you born? Wordsley, West Midlands.
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Haha, I've currently been half-watching that mad assault course thing on the BBC whose name escapes me...the American version is hilarious. Or UNBEATABLE BAMZUKI!! It has Brian Blessed in it dressed as a robot! :D
19. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? I dunno... Maybe yoshi should do it so his LJ isn't completely obsolete. :P
20. Bird watcher? Nope, but that wins the Most Random Qustion award.
21. Are you a morning person or a night person? I am most definitely not a morning person. On Tuesday I had someone standing next to my desk saying "good morning" at me over and over again at least six times before I even realised she was addressing me... I'm subhuman until I've had my coffee.
22. Do you have any pets? I would love to have a cat again, but I've grown used to not sneezing every day.
23. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? My mum and David are getting married. :D On 18th September. He proposed in Turkey whilst they were on holiday. ;)
24. What did you want to be when you were little? A writer, or an astronaut. Reaching for the stars in two different senses, there...
25. What is your best childhood memory? I have a few; can't think of any specific one off the top of my head, though the holiday to Gran Canaria is always a fond one... or the first trip to EuroDisney when I was 9 or 10...
26. Are you a cat or dog person? Cat, though I do like the majesty of those big dogs like labs or wolf-hounds, I'd just never own one... I understand cats more than I understand dogs.
27. Are you married? Not yet, but it's in the rolling five-year plan...
28. Always wear your seat belt? With the exception of black cabs, for some reason, yes. I feel horribly unsafe without one.
29. Been in a car accident? Yes, when I was 15/16...
30. Any pet peeves? Bad spelling / grammar and general idiocy. People who think that if they shout something loud enough it automatically makes them right. The usual suspects...
31. Favorite Pizza Toppings? I don't have a favourite topping, per se, but I do have a favourite pizza currently: Papa Johns do a Margherita Raffaela with sun-dried tomato puree, mozarella medallions and pesto drizzle. It's insanely nice.
32. Favorite Flower? Deep red roses... or anything which looks interesting, to be honest. I'm not that fussed.
33. Favorite ice cream? Any sorbet except lemon. Lemon sorbet is wrong, wrong and more wrong. Red-fruit type sorbets are best... especially raspberry. :D
34. Favorite fast food restaurant? McDonalds, I suppose, though I probably shouldn't eat there really. I have Burger King about once a year when I'm doing my annual Christmas shop...
35. How many times did you fail your driver's test? I haven't attempted one yet.
36. From whom did you get your last email? My mum, I think, excluding LJ comment notifications and the general spam I tend to ignore.
37. How would you choose to max out your credit card? Stuff and Things.
38. Do anything spontaneous lately? Not really. I probably bought something I shouldn't have...
39. Like your job? I do, actually. Most of the time.
40. Broccoli? It's green...?
41. What was your favorite vacation? Aforesaid Gran Canaria, or Kefalonia, or any of the EuroDisney trips...
42. Last person you went out to dinner with? Properly would have been the Kings Head a couple of weeks ago... so Paul, my mum and David.
43. What are you listening to right now? Nothing.
44. What is your favorite color? Black, turquoise, purple, red... I like most colours except that awful salmon pink...
45. How many tattoos do you have? Six; seventh is planned.
46. What time did you finish this quiz? 15.41.
47. Coffee Drinker? I'm trying to cut down again but I've just been SO DAMN TIRED lately that I've had it every morning this week except yesterday, and most of last week, too... explains the frelled up sleeping, I guess, but still annoying.
Aaaand that's that. Off to Matalan tonight (again) to exchange some bits... nothing else to report.