Today my LJ is eight years old. Not quite all growed up, but we're almost into double figures. I had actually started this insanely long essay on why I got my LJ and my life since then, but I figure nobody is actually interested. I did just over 1000 words and gave up... I glanced at it out of the corner of my eye and thought "My God, that's long"... and if I'm thinking that, I dread to think what everyone else would think.
This is precisely why I'm rubbish at Twitter. :P
If anyone is remotely interested in my ramble, I'll be willing to share. I don't think there's anything there which people don't know already, however. I've mentioned most of my life stuff on here in some capacity over the course of eight years, so I have no idea why I decieded to reiterate it in a word-heavy form. Because I can, probably.
Er... I'm at a bit of a loose end now.
In 29 days it is my birthday. If anyone is feeling generous, here's a list of ideas. :P
- Lush stuff - soap, bath bombs, shampoo, etc. Gift sets are fine. I'm really not fussed.
- A Jar of Pens from Muji (they have them in the window - the little felt-tips. Dunno why, I just like them.)
- Vouchers for clothes/shoes/entertainments.
- Anything off my Amazon wishlist (search by email: teylaminh at yahoo dot co do you-kay), which I'll update tonight. I haven't prioritised any of it because it's also an aide memoir for me to buy stuff...
- Make me something - a CD, fanfiction, drawing, etc. (See interests list for fandoms and pairings of choice. :P Bonus points if it's Norma/Joe, Jonathan/Maddy, Erik/Christine or Daniel/Betty...)
There's nothing else I particularly want, or at least nothing I would expect friends to buy for me. Or, well, there are things I want which money cannot buy, like sanity.
I imagine there'll be some form of drinkings on the 17th (Saturday) but will announce nearer the time. Tradition dictates this will take place at the Briar Rose, unless I can think of anywhere else.
Um. Right. I am now very definitely bored. Some people are dictating, so hopefully we'll have something to do soon.
*goes to sleep*