1. WHAT'S THE STORY BEHIND YOUR LJ USERNAME?
'twas in the good old days of winpopup. actually, it started a little before then. it started in choir. the foundation service rehearsal. while discussing computer login names. and discovering that jennifer sounded like a cardassian, because she was getting fed up of being called 'noppen', so i ended up as 'ratt', which stuck for a while, and jennifer ended up as 'jtay'. and we added an apostrophe, and she became 'j'tay'. and she was a cardassian. and cardassians fought with bajorans during the Occupation in "deep space nine". so i was a bajoran. so on winpopup, i needed a name. and so i made one up.
and it was "T'eyla Minh". the end.
2. NAME FIVE  OF YOUR FAVORITE PIG-OUT FOODS.
sainsbury's potato triangles, pringles (original), dairy milk, tooooooast, tunamayobaguettes. my metabolism completely ignores them...
3. HAVE YOU EVER HAD A MAKEOVER?
no. and probably never will.
4. NAME ALL MEMBERS OF THE BEATLES.
john lennon, ringo starr, george harrison, paul mccartney. while it's entirely feasible that i might have stolen that off lorna, i didn't. you'll just have to take my word for it.
5. WHAT'S THE LONGEST TIME YOU'VE STAYED OUT OF THE COUNTRY/WHERE?
two weeks, probably. in any of the places i've ever been for two weeks.
6. ONE THING YOU'RE GRATEFUL FOR, TODAY.
i really don't know.
7. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HIGH SCHOOL MEMORY?
i have far too many of them. probably... bus journeys. all of the nice ones. or scifi club.
8. WHAT IS THE MOST INSANE THING YOU'VE DONE FOR/TO YOUR CRUSH THAT HE/SHE MIGHT NOT/MIGHT KNOW ABOUT?
9. DESCRIBE YOUR DREAM WEDDING.
let's see. the Red Dress from "beetlejuice" for starters. big ol' abandoned church. "pachalbel canon". roses. and many other things i'm bound to remember later when i'm not thinking about it...
10. WOULD YOU EVER JOIN TEMPTATION ISLAND?
11. NAME THREE  TEACHERS YOU LIKED IN HIGH SCHOOL/ELEMENTARY.
gonna have to cheat on this. mrs. gregory, because she was cool and watched "red dwarf". mrs. porter, for being an eddie izzardite. mrs. lewis because she just rocked. mr. yeo, because.... he's mr. yeo! mrs. newton - she swore at us in french. miss loftus because she was cool and made everyone laugh... and as for primary school? i think we pretty much liked them all.... but definitely mrs. furlow, the dinner lady, because she used to sing at us :D
12. DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE QUOTE? WHAT IS IT?
i have far too many of them. currently, it's probably something from "sunset boulevard"...
13. MY FIRST HEARTBREAK HAPPENED WHEN I WAS...
14. THE SCHOOL PICTURE YOU BURIED IN YOUR BOTTOM DRAWER?
the one they took at the exact wrong moment at speech day last year. i have a double chin in it >:p
15. DO YOU HAVE ANY WEIRD PREFERENCES? WHAT ARE THEY?
that's a matter of opinion... most of my preferences are probably weird... ;) i guess... men that giggle, for some reason... *shrug*
16. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX?
i have no idea.
17. WHO IS YOUR BEST FRIEND?
katie, officially. but all of you.
18. NAME ONE TV CHARACTER YOU'D MOST WANT TO BE.
it changes about every month...
19. IF YOU WERE FAMOUS, AND WERE TO BE A GUEST ON A TALK SHOW, WHOSE SHOW WOULD YOU CHOOSE? WHY?
sally jessy raphael... she seems nice :) ohh! and so graham norton. because... well, it's graham norton! (but only as long as i was on the same show as someone interesting.)
20. GIVE YOURSELF A PORN STAR NAME.
isn't there a trick to this? something like first pet and name of the first street you lived? in which case... "crystal gayfield" (as in the name of the cat, and the name of the avenue.)
21. DO YOU HAVE ANY WEIRD SLEEPING HABITS?
on my right hand side, i suck my thumb. on my left hand side, i don't... i haven't yet figured out what happens if i sleep on my back.
22. WHAT DO YOU PLAN TO DO THIS SUMMER?
too many things. make old jeans all purdy with bits of lace and corduroy. write a book on the typewriter (it still exists! it's in the downstairs loo!). get a job. make a website (don't ask...) resist spoilers for season 4 of "farscape" in the lead-up to it. write multiple fanfics, most likely. sleep.
23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG RIGHT NOW?
i have so many of them in my head, but... there's a little song from SB called "Surrender" which is quite pretty... apart from the fact norma sings it when her pet chimpanzee dies, which does rather detract from the nice words... but as for favourite song? the usuals.
24. WRITE A LINE FROM ANY SONG.
well, as i mentioned it above, here's the whole thing:
No more wars to fight
White flags fly tonight.
You are out of danger now.
Battlefield is still
Wild poppies on the hill.
Peace can only come when you surrender.
Here the tracers fly
Lighting up the sky,
But I'll fight on to the end.
Let them send their armies
I will never bend.
I won't see you now til I surrender.
I'll see you again when I surrender...
25. DO YOU KNOW AT LEAST ONE DISNEY SONG BY HEART? WHICH ONE?
quite possibly. and it's probably "part of that world" or "beauty and the beast".
26. DESCRIBE YOUR DREAM HOUSE.
lots of rooms, each with a theme. big ornate staircase. kitchen with built-in chef ;) a drawing room with a mahogany desk, my piano, and all the music books. a library with one of those false bookcases. lots of secret passages. a garret in the attic filled with random pieces of stories, a typewriter and a computer. rooms with lots of draperies and intricate wallpapers... basically, a mess that works.
27. YOUR TYPICAL SLEEPWEAR:
28. WHAT'S IN YOUR BAG?
29. WHAT'S IN YOUR WALLET?
receipts, money, my HC2 form, my prescription (twice, for some reason), my blockbuster application form thingy, bits of paper, bus tickets, discount/membership/bank cards. and there was a picture of doyle, but i can't remember where i put it. it was on the bookcase at some point...
30. HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU HAVE IN YOUR WALLET RIGHT NOW?
about £15 i think.
31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PAIR OF SHOES
my may ball shoes. they cost me sixty quid, they're black, groovy shaped 3 inch heels, lace up, and all "moulin rouge"-y. niiiice shoes. or, my trainers. or, my £75 boots, because they're boots, and they fit, which is a miracle.
32. IF YOU COULD'VE GONE TO YOUR SENIOR PROM IN A DIFFERENT OUTFIT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
i wouldn't have changed it. i would have changed me. i would have been thinner...
33. HOW WAS YOUR SENIOR PROM?
it was nothing special. at least i got to sit with friends. i was forced/cajoled into dancing, which i don't do. luckily, we left before the fight broke out. and the wine/grape juice stuff was expensive. and one of my mortal enemies from primary school was there. luckily, she didn't recognise me.
34. TELL US ABOUT ANY OF YOUR BIRTHDAYS.
18th. it fell on a saturday, but we celebrated it on the friday. i was manouevred out of the common room so they could finish putting up my banner. clare and lorna attempted to give me the bumps and failed. we did scifi club and i got presents then :) then on the saturday, i had a nice meal with my mum. and then on halloween, we had the party ;)
35. WOULD YOU RATHER BE A HOBBIT, AN ELF OR A DWARF?
an elf, probably. they look cute.
36. WHAT ARE THE FIRST FIVE THINGS YOU WOULD SPLURGE ON IF YOU WERE A BILLIONAIRE?
big house. butler. cook. miscellaneous memorabilia. big holiday.
37. WHAT IS YOUR DAILY BEFORE-GOING-TO-BED RITUAL?
turn on side light; turn off main light; change into pyjamas; read, or write fanfic, usually the latter; realise it's 4am.
38. WHAT IS THE WEIRDEST/FUNNIEST NICKNAME ANYONE HAS EVER CALLED YOU?
"video girl", a la x-files characters. it was a random first year behind me in the corridor...
39. NAME THREE  OF YOUR FAVORITE CARTOON CHARACTERS.
kenny (south park), bugs bunny... and can i pleeeease have the cartoon harvey from "farscape"? please??
40. WHAT ARE THE MAGAZINES YOU READ ON A REGULAR BASIS?
x-files official magazine, if i ever sort the damn subscription out...
and that's the end. i have nothing interesting to say other than the fact that the fanfic is getting away from me at alarming speed. something tells me erik likes "sunset boulevard", too...